Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Favors to Tech

Well, this was a momentous decision for him. I'm sure he's glad it's over.

Favors said that he made his mind up last week, so it sounds to me that as I mentioned earlier, it was the Georgia loss to Georgia Tech that was the deciding factor.

With that said, there are a lot of "woulda, coulda, shoulda's." I thought it did not help things to have Terrance Shannon and Favors come to campus, and from what I could tell, before either one could leave Athens, accept a commitment from someone else. Nothing against the other guy, of course, but if we had a chance for a "two-fer," we should have kept it open for a while.

There is a lot in recruiting that is behind the scenes and not reported in the media, so most of my notions are pure speculation. But speculation and rumors and the back and forth of teenagers making decisions is why recruiting is such a fun and fascinating part of the sports scene.

If I'm Dennis Felton, then I put the Favors situation behind me. As much as possible. I read on a message board that Felton did not sign a single player from the 2009 Rivals 150, despite the fact that 11 of the 150 were from Georgia.

The only thing that will take some of the sting off of tonight is to beat Vandy. After that, just keep winning.

I would also pump up the effort at getting a high quality shooting guard. I have one in mind, but I'm not sure if he's a fit for the program.

We lost out on Favors. May have lost a lot more. We'll see how this all plays out.

No comments: