Saturday, December 19, 2009

Wofford Beats South Carolina, SEC Teams Fall

Those guys at Wofford can play. They lost by 3 to Pittsburgh, and now they have beaten both Georgia and South Carolina.

If I'm a recruit in the Palmetto State, and I felt like I wasn't getting enough attention from the high majors, I'd definitely consider going to Wofford.

They're 0 and 2 in their own conference, but have bragging rights against the SEC. Amazing.

In the meantime, the Richmond Spiders beat the Florida Gators. It's not usual for Donovan's squads to be upset at home. Tyus is still a tough match-up in the post, but the Gators' guards don't seem to be that good.

Alabama is down almost 20 points to Kansas State at half-time. Senario Hillman just hasn't produced as I thought he would. Anthony Grant's offense looked stagnant the last time I watched them.

Tennessee got blitzed by USC. A bad loss by UT. If Tennessee's press isn't working, they can get out of sorts. Chris Lofton bailed them out a lot a couple of years ago. They don't have a real clutch shooter on the squad now.

Maybe the Conference will be Kentucky and everybody else.

No comments: