Thursday, April 2, 2009

Not Impressed

Well, Georgia has a new coach. It's Mark Fox, the former head coach at Nevada.

I hate to say it, but I already did, so since the damage is done, I'll say it one more time. I am underwhelmed by the choice.

Coach Fox has had some success in the WAC. Has had a few victories in out of conference games. But who realistically thinks he can stand toe to toe with Pearl, Donovan and Calipari?

He will have three scholarships open for next year. What makes us think that he can recruit Georgia well? Which AAU coaches does he know? Which high schooler has even heard of him?

He could surprise, but my expectation is that unless Ebuka is able to shoot lights out, Georgia will be bottom of the conference again next year.

I will get behind the team and support him as coach, but I would be lying if I told you I was excited.

No comments: