Thursday, September 18, 2008

Miscellaneous Information/Response to Comments

I haven't posted over the last couple of days due to work commitments. I will be posting on and off for the next week or so.

Anyway, I'm back to blogging today and I started with updates on Billy Humphrey, Jeremy Jacob and Mike Mercer. Since I don't want the initial page to get too cluttered, I have started showing just 1 or 2 posts per day, and archiving the rest. If you want to find a post, be sure to check the blog archive section.

Response to Comments:

I like posting my responses to comments here so that my responses will be easier to find (for me and for anyone else who is interested).

Qs3 pointed out that he thought UGA had only one more scholarship open for 2009 after the Daniel Miller commitment. He is correct.

Qs3 was obviously reacting to the fact that I'd suggested that UGA accept 4 commitments for 2009. I hadn't overlooked the fact that there are only 3 openings, and that 2 are already taken. At times, coaches accept more commitments than they have open slots. Happens all the time in football, though not as much in basketball. Billy Donovan, basketball coach at UF, did it this past year. The numbers generally work out, and in unusual situations, such as the possibility of signing both Terrance Shannon and Derrick Favors, such a strategy has to be considered, or even recommended.

No comments: