Saturday, December 22, 2012

KCP Has Fixed His Form

Bravo. 

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Kentavious used to let his elbow flare out to the right on his release.  That action created a rightward spin on the ball which caused the ball either to drift to the right or twirl out of the bucket.  I mentioned it before the season as an area for improvement, and you can see it on the Georgiadogs.com video I linked back on August 2, 2012.

Now, he's keeping his elbow tucked, and consequently his shooting percentage will go way up.

I first spotted the change in his form when he was shooting free throws (I think it was in the first half).  Great work.

Since I started this post, KCP has hit 3 more contested jump-shots.  He ended the game shooting 10 of 14 from the field, averaging 71 percent, by far his highest shooting percentage for any game (his career shooting average is 39 percent).

No comments: