Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dawgs Lose.

Yuck. I am about sick. Horrible loss. Bad to lose to Tech in any sport. To lose in basketball after losing in football, it's much worse.

Georgia was leading by 13. We never looked good, but it did appear that we were going to win. They just wanted it more.

We were out-hustled and out-played, in my opinion. I don't know what this game means for the future. I just don't know.

The Ugly: Horrible free-throw shooting. We shoot 80% and the game is not even close. Instead, we shoot at or below 50% for the first half. Better in the second half, but right at 60% for the game. That just won't get it done in a close game.

Disappointed in Zac Swansey. I think he had 0 points for the game. He did have a couple of nice assists, but he had unforced turnovers, too. And in a big game, your point guard has to score at least some.

I guess that Trey Thompkins is a below the rim kind of guy. He's had multiple leg injuries, so maybe he gets stronger and better as the season goes on. But I had hoped that he would convert on some of those shots that ended up getting blocked from behind. The box score I saw indicates that he was 6 for 15. Forty percent shooting, but he has to do better.

I suggest playing zone primarily for the rest of the year. We like to play man-to-man, but we're just not very good at it.

Every team we play nowadays will press us. No offense to Zac or Dustin, but we got no offense from them either, so I'll go ahead and say it. I think that we should check with Coach Richt. Brandon Boykin might give us an option when we want a point guard with big-time athleticism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This touted freshman Thompkins is a liability on the glass, despite his size and decent offensive game.

Countless times when teck was getting offensive rebounds, not only hwas he not blocking out, but was standing flatfooted, never even leaving the ground.

He may have some lazy in him.

'Course that goes for a lot of them.