Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Worst Stat: Free Throw Shooting

I don't think I've ever heard of a college team doing this badly from the charity stripe. They shot 83% and we shot 11%.

Box Score

I have a recommendation, and that's that we run a different offensive set. Florida used a lot of baseline screens to get their guys open. I'd like to see Fox teach the Donovan sets to his players and see if that doesn't make the triangle offense better when we go to it.

I'd also post up Gerald Robinson and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and run a few clear-outs so that Robinson's driving lanes are less cluttered.

Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie are not coming back. We need to quit using that for an excuse. It won't get us anywhere. We need to recruit replacement talent and develop as quickly as possible the guys we do have.

We looked really bad and we've got to try something different.

No comments: